Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (#9)


Q: Have you ever looked at a book's cover and thought "This is going to be horrible"? But, instead was pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

A: I am one of those people that tend to pick out books by the cover. If I am browsing in a book store, I go for what catches my eye first. Because of this, I don't know that I have thought about a book being horrible based on the cover. Sometimes the opposite happens; the cover looks great and the book is not so good. Anyways there is one book I can think of that the cover threw me off a bit, The Book Thief.
   

This cover does not depict a book about a young girl in Nazi Germany who steals books and learns to read. I kept thinking it was going to be more of a mystery or something. I am not even really sure what the dominoes have to do with the story as a whole. However, I very much enjoyed this book despite the fact that the cover threw me for a loop. 

13 comments:

  1. That's definitely not the best cover I've seen, lol!

    Old FOllower!

    Here's our FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover isn't too great but I've been wanting to read this one! Happy Friday :)
    Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%. I love love this book. It is incredible. Can't wait for the film - hope its done right. The cover does not do it justice.

    New Follower -

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I loved The Book Thief. The funny thing is that until I looked at it right now, I didn't realize those were dominoes on the cover.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah..I forgot about this book. :) Great choice..although I didn't like this cover, I bought it, as I heard so many of them recommending this book to me. :)

    A new follower! Here is my Feature & Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Very bland cover..
    Happy FF
    I'm a New GFC follower btw
    My FF: http://MissVainsParanormalFantasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that sometimes the opposite is true and books with great covers are actually awful reads.

    I've heard great things about the book thief.

    Here's my Follow Post. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this cover looks so mysterious!! I'd definitely pick a book that looks like this :))

    New follower on GFC!

    Here's my #FF .

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really bugs me when the cover has nothing to do with the book and this sounds like one of those. New follower. Here's mine: My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read it but I agree the cover doesn't seem to have much to do with the story. Following through GFC and RSS.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting cover.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow_09.html

      Delete
  11. Agree with you on the cover.
    I wouldn't pick it up if I saw it in a book store ! :P

    New follower!

    www.nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com

    Nick @ Nick's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.