Thursday, April 12, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Eternity

This week's Booking Through Thursday asks...

Q: What book took you the longest to read, and do you feel it was the content or just the length that made it so?

A: I think Bright Young Things took me the longest due to work. Besides work getting in my way either Annabel by Kathleen Winter or Shantaram took me the longest to read. Annabel was due to content- it was about a hermaphrodite born in the 60's in a secluded area where men and women had distinct roles. This was a new subject to me and although it was interesting the book moved pretty slow. There was no real action or drama. Shantaram on the other hand was long- about 950 pages- and there was never a good stopping point so it was hard to just pick it up and read a few pages. I had to have time to sit down and read for awhile to get to a good stopping point.

What book has taken up a lot of your time? Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.