Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (April 17)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here's how it works..
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share does not give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author too so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here are my teasers...
"I walked down two flights of stairs and pushed open the door to the servants' quarters. The moment I got there, the other servants screamed - they yelled - they howled with laughter."
p. 83, The White Tiger  by Aravind Adiga (NookBook edition)

9 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser :-)
    Here's mine this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    Happy reading!

    Vix @ TToria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser, I really want to read The White Tiger.

    Thanks for sharing!

    My Teaser
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know what the were laughing at? Nice teaser.

    Heres mine:

    http://cmbrown-books.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/z-challenge-letter-o.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know anything about The White Tiger, but I'm curious if they were laughing together or at him/her. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha, this was good for a quick read.
    Hope you have fun on your visit to India - don't be too put off by the people trying to sell you stuff :D

    My teaser is from a new YA fantasy - Intangible
    e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very excited for my India trip. I just experienced shopping in the Dubai souqs and it was intense but fun!

      Delete
  6. I have read The White Tiger, but I cannot for the life of me remember why they are laughing!! I am going to have to look it up! lol :) Here's mine: http://pamelasbookspot.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/teaser-tuesday-earth-hums-in-b-flat.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! The laughing part makes it very intriguing :) Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser. I want to know what was so funny!
    Mine this week is from Untying the Knot.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.