Thursday, May 3, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Siblings

This week's Booking Through Thursday asks...

Do you have siblings? Do they like to read?

Yes, I have a younger brother and sister (21 & 11 yrs old) and both enjoy reading. However, this was not always the case. My brother used to hate reading and in the last year he found book genres he likes and has taken up reading as a hobby. I was so excited about this I even bought him his own Nook. My sister is funny about reading. She enjoys it but sometimes will only read bits and pieces from a book then put it down. I think she reads more than one book at a time. And she likes to skip around in series. That is the complete opposite of my one book at a time reading style, but at least she is reading. I love sharing books with them!

Does reading a hobby you share with siblings? Leave me a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I was the only real "bookworm" in the family...here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm the only real bookworm, but not the only reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no one to share my books with :-( Here's my BTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Eva commented, I think I'm definitely the bookworm of the family but my siblings do read. Your post gave me an idea though and I wonder if an eReader might encourage my younger sister to read more. She's definitely more into tech stuff and loves reading so maybe she'd enjoy it. Something to think about...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.